Award Letter Information
My Electronic Award Letter
All steps are required to complete the process
Step 1: My Award Letter
All students must sign. It is illegal for any other individual (even a parent) to accept aid on behalf of a student. Award Letters for 2015-2016 are no longer available online. Please visit the financial aid office. Award letters for 2016-2017 will begin to be available after April 21st.
- Click on the "Ready to Sign" link below only AFTER reading all of these bullets
- Log In to Dawgs using your Student ID (8000#) and PIN (Your 6 digit date of birth unless you changed it)
- Click on "Financial Aid" first, then "Award", then "Award By Aid Year" (2017-2018)
- Follow All Instructions to move through the tabs and submit your award
- Return to this screen and complete Steps 2 and 3 if needed (see instructions for each step)
Step 2: Loan Entrance Counseling (New Borrowers!!)
If you have accepted a loan at Montana Western, you MUST complete the online entrance counseling. Click on the link below to complete this process.
Federal Direct Loan Counseling
Step 3: Signing Electronic Federal Direct Master Promissory Note (New Borrowers!!)
If you are a student loan borrower you must fill out a Master Promissory Note (MPN) to receive your loan funds. Click on the link below to fill out your Direct Loan Master Promissory Note.
Signing my Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
Parent Loans for Dependent Students
If your parent is interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan and you accepted the PLUS loan in step one above, your parent needs to clink the link below:
Parent PLUS Loan for parents only
Did you complete the above steps?
You have completed your online award letter.